March 7, 2004

Dreaming Of The Big Biscuit. It is on in Fort Myers this afternoon, man (sentence structure necessary to include all links). ... "We gotta win (today)," Mariano Rivera said, jokingly. Bronson Arroyo starts for the Red Sox. Manny Ramirez, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Varitek and Bill Mueller will be in the lineup. ... Jeff Horrigan of the Herald notes that four tickets for today's exhibition were being auctioned on eBay for a starting bid of $1,000.

Byung-Hyun Kim's arm feels better than it did last season, but his back has been bothering him since the start of spring training. "After I hurt my ankle last year [while with Arizona], I forced myself to throw with more upper body than before. I just changed my mechanics and put more pressure on my back. ... I'm sure it had a little affect on me in the first inning [he walked his first batter on 4 pitches], but I'm not too concerned." He retired the next six hitters, throwing 23 pitches. He is scheduled to pitch again on Wednesday against St. Louis.

Art Martone: Offensive drop-off shouldn't scare Sox. ... David Heuschkel on Tim Wakefield. ... Sean McAdam on Mueller, Kevin Millar and David Ortiz.

No comments: