April 30, 2004

Overheard. Tim Kurkjian, in the May 10 issue of ESPN Magazine: "Curt Schilling's all-about-me attitude is already grating on teammates. 'If I had one big game to pitch, I'd take Schill over anyone I've ever played with,' says one. 'But every other day, I want to kill him." ... And SoSHer Harry Hooper writes: "Gammons was on WEEI this afternoon and said some interesting stuff. He said Torre has a great deal of respect for Wakefield. Torre hopes Tim has 8-9 wins by mid-season, so that Torre can pick him for the ASG."

The SoSH Game Thread reports a tornado watch in Arlington, Texas. "Showers and thunderstorms likely [tonight]. Some of the storms could be severe, with heavy rain. Chance for precipitation is 70%. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. South wind 9 to 16 mph becoming west." ... Arroyo's start would be the best one to skip, but I hope they can play this one.

No comments: