May 13, 2004

A Better Man(ny). Mr. Ramirez talks about his family and the Red Sox: "I definitely want to finish in Boston. This is the place to be. If you're going to win a World Series, this is the place to do it. Not New York, not Miami, that's nothing. The big thing is winning here, and we've got the pieces to do it this year, and I think we're going to do it. ... I think the best thing that happened to me was coming here, because it's been a challenge for me. It definitely makes you better. A lot of people said, 'Oh, he's going to Boston, he's not going to be the same player, he's not going to like it, the media is this and that.' Well, I'm showing people it's not bad.'"

Kevin Millar, Johnny Damon and a few fans try to answer some of the citizenship questions.

Who Pissed In This Guy's Cornflakes? "Let me know when [Manny Ramirez] opts to become a naturalized human being. ... Ramirez is, and always has been, an arrogant, standoffish soul, and no oath of citizenship can alter the base reality of the man. ... [he] has the personality of a toilet seat ... unsure in the field, undependable on the bases, a quitter whenever the mood strikes him." ... Bob Dicesare = asshole. And look, here's his email address: bdicesare@buffnews.com

No comments: