May 21, 2004

Release It All. More details: detainees being ridden like animals, sexually fondled by female soldiers, sodomized with broomsticks, forced to retrieve their meals from toilets; an Army translator raping an Iraqi boy while a female soldier takes pictures; many videos, including one of a naked detainee smeared with shit. ... There are also claims that US guards have raped women detainees at several prisons, impregnating many of them. ... The wedding massacre: "American soldiers started to shoot us. They were shooting low on the ground and targeting us one by one."

NYT: "A series of Justice Department memorandums written in late 2001 and the first few months of 2002 were crucial in building a legal framework for United States officials to avoid complying with international laws and treaties on handling prisoners ... [The memos] provided arguments to keep United States officials from being charged with war crimes ... They were endorsed by top lawyers in the White House, the Pentagon and the vice president's office ..."

All of the pictures and videos must be released. Every last one of them. I will decide how much I want to see. This was done in my name. I've paid for this with my taxes. Let me see what I got for my money.

No comments: