December 8, 2005

Damon Changes Tune

It sounds like Johnny Damon is talking up the Yankees in the hopes that the Sox might increase their offer. He told Newsday that the Red Sox have been dragging their feet and:
I have [thought about signing with the Yankees]. That's a lineup people dream about. It would be one of the best lineups we've seen in a long time. ... I would cut the hair and I would stay clean-shaven. George Steinbrenner has the policy for a reason, and you have to respect that. I've never been one to challenge authority.
BDD reminds us that back in May, Damon said:
There's no way I can go play for the Yankees, but I know they are going to come after me hard. It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need.
I can't imagine Boston raising its four-year offer.

No comments: