June 16, 2006

Clement On DL; Chicago Wanted Seanez?

Update: Clement was put on the DL; Gabe Kapler called up.

An MRI done on Matt Clement's right shoulder was inconclusive. More tests are being done today.

Clement:
It's on the side of my biceps and shoulder, I guess like a dead feeling, not like a dead arm. A dead arm I would pitch through. Something that slows me up and I guess scares my body enough that it affects the way I throw. It's tough to go out there and pitch and not know what your arm's going to do each time. I honestly don't think it's anything serious.
Chris Snow (who sadly will be leaving the Globe to take a front office job with the NHL Minnesota Wild) on Clement:
One statistic above all encapsulates that his arm and stuff has lost its snap: Clement, in 235 career games through May 24, had failed to record a strikeout in a game just twice. In his past three games he has failed to strike out anybody in two of those games.
Some choices to fill Clement's spot should he go on the disabled list: David Pauley, Abe Alvarez, or Matt Ginter.

The Twins swept the Red Sox (in a series of three or more games) for the first time since August 1994. Boston scored only six runs in the three games. David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were a combined 3-for-24: Ortiz 3-for-13 and Manny 0-for-11 (though he did walk three times in the second game).

Tito on Javier Lopez: "I'm excited ... Supposedly makeup-wise he's off the charts. Everyone I've talked to raves about him." Uh huh. Lopez, who has had control issues in the majors, walked his first batter last night on four pitches, then surrendered an RBI-single.

Eric Wilbur writes:
I listened to Peter Gammons on WEEI on the drive home [Thursday] afternoon, saying the White Sox were actually interested in acquiring Seanez in exchange for Lopez. But the Red Sox were hesitant to do so with the hopes Seanez may still turn it around this season once he finds his fastball.
Arrrg.

No comments: