June 30, 2006

Leap Of Faith

Coco Crisp:
I was able to get a nice push off the ground and -- I don't want to say soared through there, or can I say soared through there? Able to glide up there long enough to make that catch. ...

I was playing him to hit the ball the other way and he pulled it slightly. ... I didn't think I was going to get there. ... I kind of balled up, after I caught it, I balled up because I was going to hit the ground pretty hard. Kind of cannonballed into the ground. When I hit, I tried to hold on to it, I looked at it, I was like, 'Yes! It's still in there.' Because sometimes that ball flies out.
Mark Loretta:
Everybody in the infield raised their hands just out of instinct. It was one of those [plays] that gave you chills. The first thing you're thinking is that ball's in the gap, it's tied, OK, now it's a man on second or third or inside the park -- who knows? He came out of nowhere. It was incredible.
Curt Schilling:
That had to be one of the funnest and most interesting games ever to watch. There were 15 or 16 things in that game, then if you add all the things that I saw, where we threw pitches where I knew three pitches before the pitch that I was going to throw before I got to that count, and we got to that count and [Jason Varitek] called that pitch and the guy did exactly what we thought he was going to do.
Crisp:
I was just asked the other day which I'd rather do, hit a game-winning homer or make a game-winning catch. I said I would rather make a game-winning catch. ... It's more likely I'll have a game-winning catch than a game-winning home run, anyway.
Schilling:
I think this might be the most complete team I've ever been part of. I don't think there's anything we can't do. We can hit. We can work pitchers. We can catch with anybody I've ever seen.
Manny Ramirez has told Theo Epstein that he wants to stay with the Red Sox and finish his career in Boston. Manny has also been bothered by occasional soreness in his right knee and the team would prefer that he skip the All-Star Game.

Chris Snow offers an updated list of the Sox's Top 10 prospects:
1. 2B/SS Dustin Pedroia
2. CF Jacoby Ellsbury
3. RHP Michael Bowden
4. RHP Clay Buchholz
5. RHP Edgar Martinez
6. 2B/SS Jed Lowrie
7. CF/RF Adam Stern
8. CF David Murphy
9. RF Brandon Moss
10. OF Yahmed Yema
Are YES announcers being encouraged (or ordered) to criticize Alex Rodriguez?

1 comment:

Pokerwolf said...

FYI, there's a 30 second clip of the Crisp catch on www.youtube.com already. Just search for "Coco Crisp catch".