June 12, 2006

Ortiz Gives Delcarmen First ML Win; Clement Set To Start Wednesday

Thirty minutes after David Ortiz's walk-off home run gave him his first major league victory, Manny Delcarmen was holding the lineup card for Game 1. He still had goose bumps.
I was thinking about it with two outs and Ortiz up. I was like, 'Man.' Then when he hit that, I just about tripped over the fence trying to jump on the field. It kind of hit me when everybody started shaking my hand, when I got to home plate. It was pretty cool.
(The Globe has a great overhead shot of Ortiz joining the mob at home plate.)

Matt Clement threw in the bullpen yesterday and said he'll likely start Wednesday in Minnesota.

Keith Foulke claims he made only two mistakes among his 38 pitches yesterday -- and they both resulted in flyouts. He also said his back is not an issue. So what's the problem then, Keith? Because something is bothering you.

David Pauley will be sent to Pawtucket when Mike Timlin (who threw 25 pitches in a side session) is activated on Tuesday.

Francona, getting my blood boiling again: "We were not only within striking distance, but you look down at the end of the bench and we had Manny sitting there with his spikes and a bat ready to hit. We felt we were coming. You could kind of feel it. We just couldn't stop them." ... Arrrgggg.

1 comment:

allan said...

Yeah, that was half the reason why I posted it.