April 4, 2007

Did Keith Richards Snort His Father's Ashes?

Keith Richards, in a NME interview, published yesterday:
The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared, he didn't give a shit. It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive.
A Stones spokesman denies the claim:
It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke.
NME insists the remark was "no quip, but came about after much thinking" by Richards. Mark Beaumont, the interviewer:
He didn't offer the information, I had to ask him a couple of questions to get the information out of him. He didn't come straight out with that.
Keith is 20 years older than I am and will obviously outlive me. So I would like Richards to snort me. How do I go about making that official? (The rest of my ashes should go onto the Fenway outfield).

On the Stones site, Richards says he was merely "trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

Uh-huh. ... The scariest or most abnornal thing about all of this? In this AP link, it looks like Richards is growing a moustache. Noooooooooooooo!

2 comments:

allan said...

Non-Sox, but fucking A!

I gotta go with, yes, he snorted ol' Bert!

laura k said...

it looks like Richards is growing a moustache.

Good lord. Say it ain't so. Say. Now.