April 25, 2007

Lester Goes For PawSox Tonight

Jon Lester starts for Pawtucket tonight in Rochester. He is also scheduled for a May 1 start against Indianapolis. Then ... Unknown. The Courant says Lester could rejoin the Red Sox and start against the Twins in Minnesota on Sunday, May 6.

In three starts for Greenville (A), Lester allowed three runs and 11 hits in 13 innings, with two walks and 15 strikeouts.

The bat Jason Varitek used to hit the last of the four consecutive home runs on Sunday was sent to the Hall of Fame. ESPN, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan dropped the ball when reporting on the four home runs on Sunday. ... Last night's official attendance was 37,161 -- the largest crowd since World War II.

Chaw Watch: How is Terry Francona doing in his nearly-annual attempt to quit chewing tobacco?
Terrible. I'm miserable. ... There are about six players who want me to start doing it again. I guess I'm getting a little crabby. Hanging in, but barely. ... It's amazing how something that ugly can taste that good. ... I've made it through April 24, but I haven't made it through April 25.
Alex Rodriguez on exercising his option to become a free agent at the end of this season:
I want to stay in New York, no matter what. ... Last year when it got ugly, I kept saying I loved New York. I kept saying it this winter. I love New York. It's the greatest place for me to play. ... I have never been a guy who runs away from bad things.
Looking past the Orioles to the weekend. In the Bronx:
Friday: Daisuke Matsuzaka / Jeff Karstens
Saturday: Tim Wakefield / Kei Igawa
Sunday: Julian Tavarez / Chien-Ming Wang
Jere posts the standings:
First place: Us
Second through fourth: Bunch of other teams
Definitely last place: Yankees

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just in case you haven't seen this...

www.townienews.com