May 9, 2007

Firebrand Has Some Pitching #s

From a post about William:
The Yankees 3 best pitchers, Wang, Pettitte and Mussina have been good this season. Going into Tuesday's game, they have a collective ERA of 3.74 and a WHIP of 1.35. Even so, the Red Sox best 3 pitchers, Schilling, Beckett and Wakefield, have been even better. They have a collective ERA of 2.74.

As further evidence of why Roger Clemens isn't a necessity to the Red Sox, the Red Sox entire staff, 1-5 has outperformed the Yankees best 3 starters to this point. The entire Red Sox rotation going into Tuesday's game has an ERA of 3.79 and a WHIP of 1.22 even with Matsuzaka struggling and Tavarez starting.

7 comments:

Franco said...

How about a "nicknames" section with brief explanations of William and Flo (which I can't figure out) and perhaps other standards like CHB.

laura k said...

Great question! I've long thought this blog needed a glossary.

allan said...

Okay, I'll do that soon. A few people have asked for one recently.

I'll have to have a special look-back section about the 2002-04 Sox: the Napkin, the Thermos, Shrek, Cabin Mirror, Bartleby, Noreiga, the Professional, SWHB, etc. and their counterparts on the Yankees: CI, Fruitbat, Peanuthead, Shemp, Milk Dud, WOTS, Passedballa/Dumbo, Mr. Ed, and so many others.

The Golden Age!

CaKeY said...

LOL its fun just trying to guess those!

Shrek = Belhorn?

thatdietcokegirl said...

i'm all in on what you said ;)

laura k said...

Bartleby! I love that one, very literary. "I choose not to."

The Napkin was a great one, too.

Speaking of nicknames, I hope we see The Snuffer tomorrow night. I miss him.

allan said...

Bartleby! I love that one, very literary. "I choose not to."

Bellhorn -- for his decision to not swing at a lot of pitches and draw walks. (I think Dante Bichette was Shrek.)

The Napkin may have been the best of the lot.

I also enjoyed referring to our former shortstop as Nomar Garciapopup.