May 1, 2008

Clemens: Another Day, Another Alleged Affair

NYDN:
Several sources told the Daily News Wednesday that Clemens had a relationship with Paulette Dean Daly, a former wife of champion golfer John Daly.

The sources said Clemens, a married father of four, arranged trips to Anaheim Stadium for Daly - the latest woman to emerge as an alleged Rocket flame - to watch him pitch for the Yankees against the Angels. Sources also said he spent time with her in Palm Springs, Calif. ...

Asked if she had been romantically involved with Clemens, Daly replied: "You know what, I'm really uncomfortable talking about this. I'm just going to have to say, 'No comment.' I know Roger. I consider him a good friend. That's all I'm comfortable saying." ...

The pair met at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic ... News reports have described Clemens as being in attendance as recently as two years ago, dancing around the party with an 8-foot-long boa constrictor around his neck.
Ernest Nargi, a New York lawyer and former prosecutor:
If Roger was my client, I'd say, "Look, let's sit down and find out what's out there." How many women are there? A girl a day? Every 15 minutes is one going to materialize from a bar or a trailer?' Hardin needs to find out what's out there.

4 comments:

Jere said...

God I love this.

I just keep thinking of Roger sitting there, defending himself as this great guy, having convinced himself he didn't actually take the steroids, but STILL knowing that he's had all these affairs and that if it comes out he's gonna be totally screwed.

Unless all these women are "misremembering" of course.

How can the guy live with himself?

allan said...

Amen, brother.

Every part of this story is getting better every day!

Devine said...

I think I remember that Canseco said in his book (I'm getting this second-hand, though) that Clemens was the only (or maybe one of a very few) ballplayer he knew who didn't cheat on his wife.

Heh.

Jere said...

That trainer who supposedly supplied Roger but denied says he passed a lie-detector test (which the feds won't comment on). Here's the guy's quote about the test:

"They asked me if I've ever given him human growth hormone or performance-enhancing drugs and I said no. I passed it bro, trust me."

I swear I didn't make that quote up, bro. Trust me.