January 16, 2009

If You Are Planning To Buy WBC Tickets

Update: No update. Well, a MLB rep left a message at home, so I'll call him back on Monday.

***

If you are planning on buying tickets to any World Baseball Classic games, I strongly suggest printing your tickets immediately after purchasing them.

On Wednesday afternoon, I purchased two tickets to one of the games being played in Toronto. I ordered them through mlb.com. I believe I could have printed them right then, but my laptop is not connected to a printer. I planned on printing the tickets at work this weekend.

MLB did not send a confirmation email with a URL to access the tickets. And there is no information in my mlb.com account about ticket purchases.

When I called MLB this afternoon, someone told me to call StubHub. I have no idea why. I had gone to MLB's website, logged in with my MLB information, and paid MLB for the tickets. Naturally, StubHub had no idea what I was talking about. (It also has absolutely no information about the WBC on its website.)

I called MLB back and the second representative (while saying nothing about StubHub) said he would "escalate my issue" to management.

For God's sake: ALL I WANT TO DO IS PRINT TWO TICKETS!!!!!!

Why does this need to be fast-tracked to upper management in customer service?

I await their response.

(Regular readers will recall this is not the first time MLB.com has shown its inability to function competently.)

17 comments:

9casey said...

Isn't Stub Hub the official partner of MLB....

I heard stub hub has been bad about returning comfirmation emails....So it most likely is them...

MLB lacks the brainpower to set up a ticket system .so they brooker it out to the biggest whores in the business....










(disclaimer)

I'm not sure if what I am writing is true.....

allan said...

It all sounds about right to me.

Unknown said...

Speaking of technical issues, I keep getting prompts about having to download certificates from this website. When I accept, another one will pop up, and this will go on about 5 or 6 times about 1 out of every 5 times I come to the website. Anyone else having this issue?

allan said...

From JoS? Is it when you want to see or refresh comments?

In those cases, I would get
"This page contains secure and insecure items. Do you want to display insecure items?" when I used IE and/or avatars were visible. Very annoying during game threads.

Using Firefox got rid of the problem. With IE at work, I still get the popup.

johngoldfine said...

I'll say one thing for stubhub--once your email address is in their system, they will offer you many many many things....

I guess that is kind of whorish!

tim said...

That's fucked. Fuck MLB, idiots.

For future, PDF it if you don't have access to a printer, hell even if you do, print to PDF and save a copy of it - you never know when you'll need it and if you'll need to access it at a later date....I PDF everything now.

laura k said...

Speaking of technical issues, I keep getting prompts about having to download certificates from this website. When I accept, another one will pop up, and this will go on about 5 or 6 times about 1 out of every 5 times I come to the website. Anyone else having this issue?

Blogger issue. You can try decreasing your security, if you don't mind doing that.

laura k said...

PDF it if you don't have access to a printer

Most people can't create PDFs, they can only read them. By the time Allan could PDF something, he'd be at work and could print.

It's actually not that big a deal. We'll get the tickets, and we can always pick them up at will-call.

tim said...

It's not that hard, OS-X has it built in while on my Windows PC, before I downloaded Acrobat, I used a thing called PrimoPDF - you install it and it just installs another printer on your computer, then when you go to print you select the PrimoPDF printer and hit print...then it asks you where to save it and that's it.

laura k said...

We just use Adobe at work. It can usually wait.

tim said...

Maybe you did get them on/through Stubhub, as I'm unable to find anywhere on an official site to purchase anything other than the strip of tickets to all 6 games...and this article says that the individual games go on sale through MLB on Monday.....

laura k said...

We were on a list to be able to buy tix before they went on sale to the general public. An early-alert list we signed up for a year ago or so.

laura k said...

The email:

WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC PRESALE BEGINS TODAY!

Exclusively for those who registered for our World Baseball Classic Strip presale, single game tickets for the World Baseball Classic games in Toronto go on sale online today at 10:00 a.m. ET. The sale to the general public begins on Monday, January 19.

Canada, Italy, USA and Venezuela will play six games of double elimination baseball at Rogers Centre from March 7 to March 11. The winner and runner-up will advance to the next round in Miami, Florida.

Come out and cheer on Team Canada as they take on the best players in the world!

* * * *

Don't blame me, I just copied it, I didn't write the damn thing. :)

tim said...

Ohhh right on, makes sense now!

Jere said...

Individual games went on sale on mlb.com even before Monday, but only at some venues, including Toronto. (I only checked because of this post.) The whole thing's a little weird. I saw tix were still available for your game, though, should you decide to just reorder two more and then cancel the first order.

laura k said...

The charge went through. We'll get our tickets.

Unknown said...

it's not stub hub or the mlb, it's ticketmaster, they fucking suck! they are the problem