March 20, 2009

Dustin Being Dustin

Ian Browne, mlb.com:
Though Pedroia will be glad to again suit up for the Red Sox for Sunday's game, he is still disappointed that he won't be able to take the field that night for Team USA in a semifinal match against teammate Daisuke Matsuzaka and Japan.

"I wish I was there and could be a part of it with those guys," Pedroia said. "It was an unbelievable experience getting a chance to play with all those guys. I'll definitely be rooting hard for them. I'll shoot them a text message, a little motivational speech for 'em. I'll get 'em going."

Would he offer his Team USA friends any advice for how to hit against Matsuzaka?

"Daisuke is lucky I'm not there," quipped Pedroia. "I'd hit a line drive right off his back, and you guys can put that in your paper. I would hit him right in his back. He better hope the Red Sox don't trade him."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I'm glad he's ours, because he'd drive me nuts if he played somewhere else. But for now he's among my favorites.

Jere said...

Sox start delayed. Still not called off after an hour now...

San Francisco Red Sox Fan said...

Ha ha ha! I love Pedroia. Mr. Sassy.