August 30, 2009

Wakefield Will Get Cortisone Shot On Monday

Tim Wakefield, who was scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday in Tampa because of recurring back trouble, will get a cortisone shot on Monday.

Before Sunday's game, Wakefield said his back was "pretty bad".
I felt my hip kind of cramp up [during the game on Wednesday], but I was able to kind of pitch through it. ... The next day it was just sore ... it was just getting worse and worse. ...

I got out of bed [on Saturday], I couldn't even stand up straight. ... It's irritating in there, and it's a matter of getting that to the right position where it's not going to bother me anymore. ... I think [off-season] surgery is inevitable ... I get the shot Monday, maybe start playing catch on Wednesday, and see how it feels.
Wakefield received a cortisone shot back on July 23 after being put on the disabled list with lower back strain for the first time this season.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Poor Wake. I guess his age is catching up to him.