September 3, 2009

Travel Day

Laura and I are off to New Mexico this morning for a nephew's wedding and a few days of exploring Santa Fe and the area to the north and west.

Ish will be your host for (mostly likely) all games through September 9.
T 0903 - Red Sox (Buchholz) at Rays (Price), 7 PM
F 0904 - Red Sox (Byrd) at White Sox (Garcia), 8 PM
S 0905 - Red Sox (Tazawa) at White Sox (Floyd), 4 PM
S 0906 - Red Sox (Lester) at White Sox (Danks), 2 PM
M 0907 - Red Sox (Beckett) at White Sox, 2 PM
T 0908 - Orioles at Red Sox (Buchholz), 7 PM
W 0909 - Orioles at Red Sox (Matsuzaka), 7 PM
T 0910 - Off-Day Outtakes
Example
After pitching 8.1 innings of three-hit ball against Toronto, Clay Buchholz spoke candidly:
When I got up here and I was new to the big leagues, 'Tek put down a sign and I just grabbed it and threw it. That's where I got in trouble. Being hit a little bit and not knowing how to respond to it. Now I've evolved into a pitcher ... When I got up here, the adversity that I've never faced -- and didn't think I was going to face coming here -- was a big step for me. Being able to know what I want to throw after a pitch is made, and know what I'm going to throw the next pitch, is a huge thing for me ...
Buchholz also raved about Victor Martinez to ESPN's Amy K. Nelson:
He's been awesome so far for me. Little things go wrong and he'll come out and talk to you and he'll try and settle you down. ... It's nice for a catcher to be in the game as much as you are.
If you wanted to, you could read that as a slap at Jason Varitek, but I'll refrain, since Nelson was writing an article specifically about Martinez.

2 comments:

San Francisco Red Sox Fan said...

Ahh...New Mexico. Beautiful! Enjoy.

Bartman said...

What's with Penny and Smolz since leaving - three games with almost no earned runs? Is the so-called Senior Circuit that bad, or is something in the Boston water?