June 27, 2010

Buchholz Hopes To Make Next Start

Clay Buchholz thinks he will be able to make his next start, on Saturday against Baltimore.
That's what we're shooting for. ... There was no sharp pain or anything, it felt almost like a hyperextension. That's what it felt like. There wasn't a whole lot of discomfort, it was just that in my head, in my body, I felt something pop ... more scared at what might happen. ... Right now it doesn't feel too bad, but I think the next day and the day after is always the worst as far as muscle injuries go.
Dustin Pedroia, the Red Sox's "fiery fulcrum", has a broken navicular bone in his left foot. He doesn't know when he'll be back on the field.
I could feel fine in two weeks, then play or not (be able to) walk for six weeks. We don't know that. ... I'll try to get back in there and heal as quick as possible. ... We've had guys hurt all year and we've still been able to win games. So I don't see why we still can't do that.
In his last 14 games before the injury, FY had hit .491 (26-for-53), with 17 runs scored, 13 RBI, and a 1.397 OPS.

Josh Beckett threw 70 pitches in the bullpen.
I felt great. No pain at all. I was able to throw all my pitches. My arm strength was actually pretty good. ... My back feels fine now.
The tentative schedule has Beckett throwing to hitters on Thursday July 1 and pitching in a minor league rehab game (probably Portland) on July 6.

No comments: