July 16, 2010

Delcarmen Set To Return; Cabrera DFA

Manny Delcarmen will likely rejoin the Red Sox tomorrow. It could be one of a few moves the team makes tomorrow.

MDC will take the spot vacated by Fernando Cabrera, who was DFA'd after Friday night's loss.

Clay Buchholz threw 60 pitches for Pawtucket Friday night, allowing two runs and four hits in 3.2 innings. He walked one and struck out two. Michael Bowden got the final six outs in the PawSox's 9-5 win over Syracuse. Jed Lowrie (3B) went 3-for-4, with a double, home run, walk, stolen base, two runs scored and two RBI.

Terry Francona said that in
the last four or five days, the light has kind of come on with Jed. He feels like he's turned that corner. We're starting to see that player that we've all talked about. He's not dragging, he doesn't feel fatigued. He feels pretty good about himself.
Dustin Pedroia is not using crutches anymore, but he will not be back in the lineup before August.
I know they told me six weeks, but I thought I could come back sooner than that. ... If I come back too early and that bone breaks off, I'm out for the rest of the year. I've just got to be smart and let it heal.
Jason Varitek's foot is not healing as quickly as everyone had hoped. His timetable is approximately two weeks behind FY's.

2 comments: