July 9, 2011

Pedey's On The Moon

After watching Dustin Pedroia's three-run bomb into the parking garage beyond Fenway's left field wall on Thursday night, David Ortiz wondered if he had made a mistake in selecting his Home Run Derby team.
I'm thinking about taking Pedey. ... [T]hat's impressive. That goes to the moon. That's what he always says. "I'm going to the moon."
Example
He's pretty short, but he won't shut up ... and Pedey's on the moon
Better clean your glasses for the laser show ... because Pedey's on the moon
He pays half-price for amusement park rides ... when Pedey's on the moon
Did you hear he called his manager a tool ... it's just Pedey on the moon

Ninety-eight coming in, 102 going out! ... when Pedey's on the moon
Ask Jeff Francis who he is ... and Pedey's on the moon
You're either two feet in or two feet out ... because Pedey's on the moon
When we hear "Fuck Yeah!" from outer space ... it means Pedey's on the moon

8 comments:

9casey said...

I don't know if it is because i have a six year old son... But I can't get that tragedy that happened in Texas out of my mind.

allan said...

Extra bad with his son there watching it ... Hamilton seemed pretty devasted by it.

Jere said...

Wow they actually had Michael Kay hold up DJ3K hats and t-shirts in the booth, telling people they're on sale now.....

Jere said...

"It's almost as if it was divined from above that Derek Jeter end up with the Yankees" and "this is bigger than a fairy tale" among the nauseating quips from Kay on what has amounted to an All-Day DJ3K Ass-Kissing Extravaganza.

allan said...

And the hit was a dong?

I read at Baseball Primer that Sterling had a catchphrase orgasm. ... I'd rather not think what Waldman sounded like.

...

Meanwhile, Slappy needs knee surgery!

Jere said...

Yeah I heard the radio call too--Suzyn was on the moon.

New low for Yes--extended shot of Jeter's shadow.

Meanwhile the Rays just tied it in the 8th.

Jere said...

Jeter Jeters one through a drawn-in infield in bottom 8, his 5th hit of the day, and they win.

laura k said...

I don't know if it is because i have a six year old son... But I can't get that tragedy that happened in Texas out of my mind.

I can understand that. The same happens to me sometimes, I read about a tragedy of a total stranger, and can't shake how awful it is. This was... so, so terrible. When I saw the mom asked media to stop showing the clip, it seemed even more awful, like the 9/11 families - your personal tragedy out in public all the time.

****

Quoting Gil Scott-Heron, nice! Before I clicked, I used "Furry Sings the Blues" by Joni.

Now to see if this comment will post...