February 19, 2012

Beckett: Lapses In Judgment, Mistakes In Clubhouse

Updated!

Some comments on the end of the 2011 season from Josh Beckett:
I had lapses in judgment, I can't speak for everybody else. I want to keep it at that.

I had things going on and I got distracted. ... [G]oing forward I would definitely change not being distracted.

We made mistakes in the clubhouse, and that's about as far as I'll go talking about the clubhouse.

I put on a little bit of weight [towards the end of last season]. I don't have a reason for it.

There's also some ill feelings toward some people. [Q: When you say people...?] There's people.
("People" who leaked information about the lapses in judgment and mistakes in the clubhouse, no doubt.)
Example
Jon Lester:
[The fans] should be [angry]. We didn't play very good. With all the other stuff added on top of that, it's obviously going to make it worse. I don't blame them for being mad. ... We stunk. I stunk. I take complete responsibility for it. ... With that being said, we've all learned from it. We've all moved on. I'm sure that's going to be a big theme in spring training for a lot of guys. We're moving on and we're looking forward to 2012. ... I think a lot of fans don't think we care and that we're a bunch of babies, but we do care. We want to win and we want to get back into the playoffs and hopefully bring a World Series back to this town ...
More Lester here. Video clips of both Beckett and Lester at ESPNBoston.

5 comments:

allan said...

Also, I read in the Herald that several people stated the fried chicken in the clubhouse during games came from Mike Cameron, who started it in late 2010.

allan said...

Beckett = the Colonel?

BklynSoxFan said...

And Mike Cameron just announced his retirement today...

Nick Sincere said...

There goes Van's HOF bid.

nick said...

From SOSH:
mt8thsw9th: What does he mean by "there is people"?
E5 Yaz: He means "there is corporations"