January 19, 2013

Seven Sox Avoid Arbitration, Ink Deals for 2013

The Red Sox came to terms with seven arbitration-eligible players yesterday.
                  2013 Salary
Jacoby Ellsbury    9,000,000
Joel Hanrahan      7,040,000
Andrew Bailey      4,100,000
Alfredo Aceves     2,650,000
Daniel Bard        1,862,500
Franklin Morales   1,487,500
Andrew Miller      1,475,000
The team has also signed Jarrod Saltalamacchia to a $4.5 million contract for 2013.

Craig Breslow is the only remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible player.

8 comments:

Tom DePlonty said...

A little surprised to see Aceves on this list.

9casey said...

Aceves is most likely going to be a middle reliever. In some peoples opinion Mitchell Boggs might have been the best middle reliever in baseball last year, he just avoided arbitration and signed for 1.475. Ace did alright.

Zenslinger said...

Breslow got 2 years / $6.9m.

Yale alumni magazine aside: Breslow / Lavarnaway was the first battery pairing of Yale alumni for the Sox in a long time, maybe ever.

Benjamin said...

The only other Yale alumni who ever played for the Sox players were Joe Wood (1944) and Frank Quinn (1949-50).

Jim said...

Thanks, btw, I caught your post on SOSH about CHB's Francona story not being behind the Globe's paywall yet and jumped over. Interesting background. I'll be watching for the postie this week.

Jere said...

Breslow/Lavarnway thing discussed in August 1st thread, page 1.

Zenslinger said...

I do worry that I'm sometimes repeating myself.

allan said...

I'll be watching for the postie this week.

No review copy this time, sadly, but I hope my local store has it ready to be bought on Tuesday. I'm anxious to read it.